Internships with New Hope for Women are a mutually beneficial opportunity for interested college students to gain real-world experience in important social justice work.
- Gain practical job experience working with teams on crisis and case management
- Develop and refine communications and facilitation skills
- Establish connections within the social services field
- Add to or start a resumé
Your experience at New Hope for Women will be both broad and, at the same time, tailored to your interests. Please note that interns at New Hope for Women participate in an experience that includes sensitive work with individuals in crisis.
As part of your internship, you will:
- Participate in our 44-hour training entitled Core Comprehensive Advocacy, Intervention, Response and Ethics (CAIRET).
- Obtain clinical supervision as required by your college program.
- Complete a project that aligns with your educational goals and is beneficial to New Hope for Women's ongoing work.
If you are interested in a college internship with New Hope for Women:
- Please click on Apply Today! below.
- Be sure to include your resume and three references. One of these references should be the person who oversees your internship (i.e. your academic advisor or field placement advisor).
- Mail to P.O. Box A, Rockland, ME 04841 or email.
For more information regarding internships, please contact the Advocacy Director.