Homeward by Sally Loughridge. Learn more about this and other featured artwork.
New Hope for Women offers support to people in Sagadahoc, Lincoln, Knox and Waldo Counties affected by domestic violence, dating violence, and stalking, and provides educational resources to assist our communities in creating a safer and healthier future.
To assist women, men, their children, friends, family, and all people affected by domestic and dating violence, we offer the following services;
- 24-Hour Domestic Abuse Hotline
- Emergency Shelter
- Transitional Housing
- Support Groups
- Legal Information / Court Advocacy
- Time for Change: Certified Batterer Intervention Program
To aid in educating our community, providing awareness, and preventing domestic and dating violence, we offer the following prevention services;
- Stalking: Know it. Name it. Stop It.
- Posted: 01/01/2017January is National Stalking Awareness Month, and we would like to take the opportunity to talk about this very serious, unpredictable, and dangerous crime. Stalking is commonly defined as a course of conduct directed at a specific person that would cause a reasonable person to feel fear. A stalker can be a current or former acquaintance, friend, intimate partner, spouse, or even a total stranger. 7.5 million people are stalked each year in the United...
- “I will never forget the Christmas you gave my children and me."
- Posted: 11/30/2016“I will never forget the Christmas you gave my children and me. I will never forget opening my mail to find a gift certificate to get my hair cut—I just sat and cried—someone still found me worthwhile!”
— Former client of New Hope for Women
For more than a decade, businesses and individuals have been adopting a client family during the holidays. Information is shared about age, gender, interests,...
Events & Fundraisers
- New Hope for Women Book Discussion in Bath
- Posted: 06/29/2016
If you are a book lover, or interested in the topic of violence against women, please consider joining our new book discussion group for some lively conversation. This awareness activity is open to anyone. Whether you are a woman or a man, a survivor or someone who has never been...